1) North Korea has the highest percentage of people in prison with estimates 150,000 to 200,000 based on the testimony of defectors which roughly equal to 600-800 per 100,000
2)Air Koryo, North Korea’s only airlines is rated worst Airlines with just One Star rating. The Airlines fall down on details customer have come to expect and also attendants do not speak the foreign language well.
3) The Ryugyong hotel takes more than two decades to build which cost them billions of dollars.
4) North Korean forbidden from watching Hollywood, South Korean movies, and series
5) Kim Jong-un went to Switzerland’top private school for studies but didn’t pass any exams, was obsessed with basketball, computer games.
6) While on a tour it is illegal to record videos or click pictures without the army permission and they are allowed to visit few place in Pyongyang.
7) Defectors who wish to cross the Tumen river spend weeks if not month or years waiting for the perfect opportunity to cross “Long, desolate stretches of the Chinese-north Korean borders.
-source New York Times.
8) 9/10 of North Korean people have no idea of the existence of other countries on the planet except, South Korea and North America (their foes) and China (trade-counterpart)
9) North Korean men and women have a choice of just 15 approved hairstyle but none match with their Leader Kim Jong-un’s distinctive cut.
-source daily mail UK
10) South Korean film producer and director Shin Sang-ok isis known for kidnapped by the previous Leader, Kim Jong-il for producing critically acclaimed films in North Korea.
11) The famine of 1994-1998 in North Korea led to millions of death.
12) The Border between North and South Korea is declared the most heavily militarized border in the world.
13) With the track at over 110 meters deep underground, Pyongyang Metro is among the deepest metro stations in the world,
14) Kim’s half-brother Kim Jong Nam fatally poisoned in a Kuala Lumpur Airport. Amid Worldwide suspicion of North Korean Involvement.
15) Every day a lot of fatalities in North Korea happen by burning coal in the winter to keep themselves warm.
16) Most people in North Korea are happy as they have no idea of personal freedom and space.
17) Marijuana is not even classified as drugs and is legal in North Korea.
18) In 1974, Kim II-sung bought 1,000 Volvo sedans from Sweden and never paid for them.
19) Most of the defectors who succeed to fled North Korea found their new homes in States and South Korea.